PGM Students Tee off the Year
The PGM Student Association has big plans for 2016-2017. In the past, The PGA Golf Management Student Association at EKU has proved to be one of the most active student associations on campus, and this year is already shaping up to be just as exciting.
Kim Kincer, Director of PGA Golf Management at EKU, is also the faculty advisor for the PGM Student Association. Ms. Kincer filled us in on some of the great things in store for the organization during the coming school year.
Current PGM Student Association Officers:
- Co-Presidents – Ross Holtsclaw and Ray Moehlman, both seniors
- VP of Student Affairs – Anthony Barrett, senior
- VP of Community Relations – Michelle Goda, senior
- Secretary/Treasurer – Ben Collie, junior
- Senior Class Representative – Alex McCarter
- Junior Class Representative – Trey Adams
- Sophomore Class Representative - Jeremy Gregory and Collin Smith
- Social Media Chair – Brett Gerbec, sophomore
The executive board, listed above, meets every Wednesday morning at 8:00 a.m., and this meeting is open to any PGM student. They will also have a meeting once a month for all PGM students in the organization. The time and location for that meeting are yet to be determined. Freshman class representatives will be added to the executive board in a couple of weeks.
Kincer went on to say that the organization’s students are very active during the year. A few things they have on their agenda for the 2016-2017 year:
- Go Gold for Pediatric Cancer – a fundraiser for pediatric cancer. Details to follow.
- Kentucky Adaptive Physical Education (KAPE) Golf Clinic – students conduct a clinic for children with disabilities.
- Relay for Life – Students have been very involved in the Relay for Life event on campus
- They plan to host a student-alumni event before the end of the year
- They host a 3-on-3 basketball tournament that other RSOs can participate in
- They will do one community service activity at the golf course
This list is certainly not all-inclusive, however; once the board meetings get underway, more activities will be added to the calendar.
For more information about the PGM Student Association, contact Kim Kincer at email@example.com or (859)622-4976.
Published on September 01, 2016