PGA Golf Management Admission Criteria
All PGA Golf Management admission materials will be reviewed as they are received. Eastern Kentucky University recommends that interested applicants visit campus and meet with the PGA GM staff prior to attending.
In addition to applying to Eastern Kentucky University, students wishing to enroll in the PGA Golf Management Program must complete the three items to be accepted:
- Submit the EKU PGA Golf Management application DOWNLOAD HERE.
- Have a golf handicap of twelve (12) or lower. This may be verified by submitting a USGA Handicap Card OR Handicap verification form signed by a PGA Member or Golf Coach (PDF form) DOWNLOAD HERE.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a PGA Professional or Golf Coach that can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to our office.
Transfer Students (PGA Golf Management)
PGM staff will tailor a plan based on where you are in your academic career. Students wishing to transfer to the EKU's PGA Golf Management program must meet the above admission requirements. A student admitted to the PGA Golf Management program may transfer up to 64 credit hours and will be placed into the freshman cohort group. A student transferring from another PGA Golf Management program will remain in the same cohort in which they were enrolled at their previous college or university.
Opal & Kermit Patterson Scholarship
Students enrolled and applying for the PGA Golf Management program who have the below critieria can apply for the Patterson scholarship to recieve $1,500 per academic semester for the 2019-2020 year.
- Major in an area of study offered by the Management, Marketing, & International Business Department.
- Attain a ACT Composite Score of 24 or higher.
- Maintain a minimum Cumulative University GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Demonstrate extensive evidence of leadership success.